Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Blog Numero Uno

Well, I always said I would never do it. But, alas I have given in to something that is actually of this century: blogging. And this is my site. As you can see, I am calling it "The Critic of Southeast Texas."

As of recent, this is something I have been thinking heavily about but as most people know, my brain has been on standby mode lately.  Well, not anymore. I have experienced a surge of creatively recently that I have not felt in a long time and I think I feel I should share it with everyone I can.  Anyone who knows anything about me knows I am an entertainment guru.  I love music, books, television, and especially movies!  I love writing about them especially critiquing.  Now, I know there are movie critics coming out of our ears out there.  You can go on any number of sites and look up a review of a movie.  I mean, have an issue of Rolling Stone (gasp!oh yes, I still love an actual magazine) right here next to me and of course, as with every issue, there are critics in the back reviewing CD's and the latest movies.  I for one do sometimes read those but I have always felt like they are just taking most movies too seriously.  I look at movies like the average movie viewer looks at movies and that is how I want to review the movies I watch, the books I read, and the CD's I (gasp! again, yes I still listen to CD's. I support the music and movie industry by actually purchasing the products from stores) listen to.  I am writing this, my first blog, listening to my newly purchased Adele "21" cd which I will of course review in a later post.  I recently reviewed a movie on a Facebook post and people commented on that post and even told me in person that I should be a film critic. Well, that has always been a dream of mine. I want to write reviews that the people who go and see them can actually understand.  Also, depending on the movie I go and see, I know what I am expecting and try not to expect too damn much so when it turns out to be amazing, I can be, well, amazed. 

Simply put, I enjoy movies.  I enjoy the entire entertainment industry and hopefully one day will be a part of it.  As most of the people in my life know, I published my first novel last year, "Moonlight on the Water," and have always dreamed of the day it would become a movie.  So, I hope everyone enjoys this blog.  I figure if you become one of the followers of this blog, then you will care what I think about a certain movie. 

Thank you and see you at the next blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment